Contact DetailsLorna Lock [email protected]
Published: 19 June 2022 Closing Date: 27 June 2022 Contract Type: Full-time
Deputy Operations ManagerPAID VACANCIES
We're now looking for someone to assist the Operations Manager as we look forward to our second trial running season to Wareham and take the next steps towards our vision of being the UK's leading Heritage Railway.
The successful applicant will always seek to achieve the highest standards in everything that they do by inspiring our team of c 200 employees and volunteers in the delivery of one of the most extensive heritage railway services in the UK.
They'll have a thorough knowledge of Railway Operations, an understanding of main line operations, rail legislation and how to get the very best from their staff.
The role requires a great 'people person' with a passion for railways, who is prepared to work flexibly and is just as comfortable in the office as they are 'getting their hands dirty'.
- Demonstrable experience of successful railway operation at supervisory level or above.
- An understanding of mainline rail operations.
- Self-reliant as well as a team player
- Able to manage, motivate and develop multi-disciplinary teams of volunteers and employees.
- A 'can-do' attitude along with an honest and pragmatic approach to work